- Wettability of binary, MOVPE grown, III–V materials (GaAs, InP, InAs) was investigated as a function of age and surface treatment.
- XPS study was performed, to reveal the surface native oxides composition.
- No trivial correlation between the oxide thickness/type and water drop contact angle was observed.
- Hydrophobic surface;
- If you are more interesting in InP wafer,Please send emails to us:email@example.com
- and visit our website:www.powerwaywafer.com.
The time dependent transition from hydrophobic to hydrophilic states of the metalorganic vapour phase epitaxy (MOVPE) grown InP, GaAs and InAs is systematically documented by contact angle measurements. Natural oxides forming on the surfaces of air-exposed materials, as well as the results of some typical wet chemical process to remove those oxides, were studied by X-ray photoemission spectroscopy (XPS), revealing, surprisingly, a fundamental lack of strong correlations between the surface oxide composition and the reported systematic changes in hydrophobicity.